About Luso Canadian Charitable Society
The Luso Canadian Charitable Society is a community based organization that supports diverse families and adults that are living with developmental and physical disabilities to reach their full potential. We do this by working in partnership with the broader community to provide access to information, resources, and programs that facilitate independence, growth, and integration.
The Society will be a leader in the delivery of accessible, coordinated, and sustainable services for adults with physical and developmental disabilities. We envision a community where differences are celebrated, and community members are empowered to work together to improve the quality of life for all.
We believe that…
- Every person has the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Services should be accessible to all persons with disabilities, including those that face additional barriers such as income, language and mobility.
- We support our community by providing a variety of flexible programs and services that are responsive to the individualized needs of our clients and families.
- Diversity enriches our clients, agency and community. Diversity refers to different racial and cultural backgrounds, and visible and invisible challenges.
- Clients and families are entitled to receive high quality care from qualified and caring staff, in an open and welcoming environment.
- We have a responsibility to efficiently and effectively manage the financial resources of our agency.
- We are committed to work with our community to support advocacy efforts aimed at influencing the conditions that impact on the quality of life of our clients and families.