About Toronto Concert Orchestra
Led by internationally-recognized conductor and music director Kerry Stratton, Toronto Concert Orchestra serves as the orchestra-in-residence at historic Casa Loma where we perform the city’s perennial favourite summer series, Symphony in the Gardens, to sold-out audiences. An itinerant professional orchestra, Toronto Concert Orchestra may also be heard through the spring and fall in some of downtown Toronto’s most magnificent concert venues and churches and in communities across Ontario where we deliver concerts and music outreach/education programs.
It is Toronto Concert Orchestra’s artistic mission:
- To strive for peak performance individually, as an ensemble, and throughout the organization.
- To develop more powerful and deep connections through music between and among performers and audiences thus fostering close collaboration and respect.
- To aspire toward versatility and flexibility as an organization and artistically have the willingness to risk failure in our creative endeavours. Produce creative art but also present real change in how our art form of symphonic music progresses.
In the pursuit of artistic excellence, the Toronto Concert Orchestra will:
- Bring an affordable concert experience to audiences within the GTA as well as artistically underserved communities in Southwestern Ontario.
- Nurture and promote established and emerging performing artists and composers from diverse and varied communities.
- Initiate and cultivate youth appreciation of and participation in the arts.